Protect Yourself in a New York Personal Injury Case
If you are thinking about filing a Personal Injury lawsuit, it is important to get all the facts before moving forward. Regardless, many attorneys rush to put a case in suit as soon as possible, even if there is no pressure to do so. When your settlement is contingent on the diligence with which the case is examined, you want to work with a lawyer who will carefully review the entire situation.
At the law offices of Ken Busman, Attorney at Law, we investigate each case vigorously — getting as many facts as we can from you and from our own investigation. We have over 30 years of experience representing clients in White Plains, West chester County, Rockland County, and throughout the New York City metropolitan area. Contact us online or call 914-946-6555 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Settle Your Case Efficiently
There is often substantial risk in litigated cases. At the law offices of Ken Busman, Attorney at Law, we pride ourselves in getting good and fair settlements, often in as little as 6-12 months from when we are hired. Most people do not want to worry about a lawsuit lasting as long as three, four, or even five years. Our philosophy is to file suit as a last resort, never as a first option. Our goal is to convince insurance companies that there is a value in settling claims without litigation, if possible, or early during the litigation process.
Build the Strongest Case
To have a viable and potentially valuable Personal Injury claim, the attorney and client must work closely together. A good attorney-client relationship should function like a "three-legged stool." Without all three legs, the stool is not viable. In order for a personal injury claim to be viable, it must contain three legs, or components:
- Clear, strong Liability against the party who caused the accident; and
- Serious or Permanent Injures suffered by the victim; and
- Assets or Insurance that are available to cover an Award or Settlement.
Without even one of these legs, a personal injury claim is not viable. Our role as your attorney is to gather the facts, investigate, and determine if you have a viable and valuable claim. If so, we will work hard to either Negotiate a fair Settlement or, if necessary, Litigate your case.
Personal Injury Cases
We represent clients in a variety of Personal Injury cases, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: We represent clients in automobile accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles or semi-trailers.
- Premises Liability: If an Owner, Manager, and/or Tenant Negligently allowed a dangerous condition to exist for an unreasonable amount of time, they may be liable for the injuries that resulted from the accident. Some examples would include trip and fall accidents on an object, a slip and fall accidents – such as slipping on ice or snow, a pool of water or greasy substance without prior warning, step and fall on a broken stairway or any other injury caused by the neglience of a property owner.
- Construction Accidents: These accidents involve workers at job sites where someone other than the direct employer is responsible for providing a safe working environment. Common accidents include falls from defective ladders, scaffolding accidents, structures under construction, and structures being maintained by building owners, contractors, and/or subcontractors.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: We represent clients who suffered injuries resulting from malfunctioning people movers and other products that should have been properly designed, manufactured, and/or maintained. These can include mechanical breakdown, being trapped in an elevator for a long period of time that results in an injury, etc.
- Wrongful Death: We represent the Families/Estates of Accident Victims who have died as a result of the Negligence of Individuals, Corporations, Medical Care Providers, and/or other Entities.
Contact us online or call 914-946-6555 to schedule your free initial consultation. We work on a contingency basis, so you do not pay us anything unless we make a financial recovery for you.